Dog Walking Jobs with PugetPets
PugetPets is one of Seattle’s oldest dog walking and pet sitting companies. We have been caring for Seattle’s dogs since 2006.
A dog walking job is a great choice for those seeking a little extra income, part-time work, or combining outdoor exercise with the added benefit of income!
PugetPets is always hiring for dog walkers, pet sitters, and pet taxi services in Seattle, Shoreline and Bothell. PugetPets dog walkers enjoy a consistent schedule and competitive pay. Dog walking hours typically run M-F 11am-3pm.
Interested in walking dogs? To apply:
Email us at email@example.com
- PLEASE INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER WHERE YOU CAN BE REACHED AND AN EMAIL.
- PLEASE INCLUDE A SHORT COVER LETTER TELLING US WHY YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US AT PUGETPETS!
We have an immediate openings in these areas: CAPITOL HILL-DOWNTOWN; MADRONA; BALLARD-PHINNEY RIDGE; QUEEN ANNE AND LOWER QUEEN ANNE
These are regular dog walking clients with established schedules. You go to individual homes and walk their dog, and some clients have two dogs. No pack walks. Schedules are organized monthly so there is no day to day or hour to hour wondering what walks you will have. This is an INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR position, paid by the walk. You will not be required to work weekends, early mornings or late evening unless you choose to do overnight services. Mid-day walks are done in the 11 am -3pm timeframe. Your compensation will work out to average $16/hour. You can make extra by doing overnight sitting as well. We also have cat sitting available at various times.
What do our Dog Walkers Enjoy?
Get the weekday, part-time job that you’ve been looking for! It’s up to you how many dog walks you would like to take on–we just need you to have consistent mid-day availability Monday through Friday.
Easy Scheduling Software
Use your phone to see view your schedule each day along with detailed service notes for each pet you care for.
Work with people who are positive, upbeat, and committed to caring for dogs and other pets. Best of all, you get to work with amazing and lovable pets!
Dog Walker job candidates must:
- HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE – working with or walking dogs, either former work or volunteer work acceptable
- HAVE A DEPENDABLE CAR – you will be driving to clients’ homes
- BE ABLE TO DO WALKS – MONDAYS THROUGH FRIDAYS , all FIVE days between 11 am -3 pm
- HAVE A CELL PHONE – with texting and email capabilities and preferably a camera
- HAVE INTERNET ACCESS – either via cell phone or computer, so you can access schedules and client information
- COMMIT – to at least six months with PugetPets as a dog walker
PugetPets will do an initial phone interview, a walk along interview and does a complete background check prior to hiring.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Driving to client homes, leashing up dogs, taking on walks while being fully aware of surroundings to keep dog and others safe, reinforce training if a client desires. Must be in control of dog at all times. Be able to work alarms if needed. Write notes to clients after walks. May feed or give treats if client wishes. Sometimes medicines administered if needed.
Cat sitting requires litter box cleaning, feeding, playtime, often meds given.